The Department of Commerce has updated its Free Trade Agreement Tariff Tool (FTA Tariff Tool) to provide the latest information on tariffs for U.S. products exported to Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) partner markets. When fully entered into force, the TPP Agreement will eliminate more than 18,000 foreign taxes, or tariffs, that various countries place on Made-In-America exports.
Researching tariff treatment for products in specific FTA markets can be time consuming process. The FTA Tariff Tool reduces uncertainty and increases clarity regarding tariff lines, helping businesses lower their costs. And, the tool connects businesses to the information necessary to plan medium and long-term business strategies. Advantages of the FTA Tariff Tool include:
- Simplifies the process to identify the Harmonized System Code (HS Code) for a specific product
- Includes tariff rate information for TPP markets, so that exporters can determine how specific products will benefit from lower tariffs under the TPP Agreement when it enters into force
- Identifies both current tariff rates and future tariff rate reductions under existing FTAs, enabling exporters to plan in advance and make cost-effective business decisions
To maximize awareness of the revised FTA Tariff Tool and the new TPP data and to assist businesses on how to use it, ITA has established a series of webinars that we encourage you to attend online.
Dates and Times (Eastern Daylight)
How to Log-In to the Webinar
- Participant Passcode: 8750962 (Note: The participant passcode is the same for all webinars.)
- Audio Dial-in Numbers: 1-210-838-9521 or 1-888-889-0538 (Note: The audio dial-in numbers are the same for all webinars. Restrictions may exist when accessing free phone/toll free numbers using a mobile telephone.)