Over 55 years of heritage
UWL is a subsidiary of World Shipping Inc., an industry leader since 1960 with over 55 years of market experience dedicated to providing innovative cargo transportation and freight services while delivering the highest level of customer service available in the industry.
The World Group, headquartered in Cleveland, OH, is a network of transportation and logistics companies possessing various areas of expertise in the global intermodal supply chain.
Within The World Group, we provide seamless end-to-end solutions with maximum control of the supply chain.
The World Group consists of:
World Distribution Services
- International and domestic warehousing, distribution and transportation services
- Domestic truck brokerage (LTL & FTL)
- Private intermodal rail services
- High-speed cross docking
- Bulk transloading
- Heavy lift and out-of-gauge services
- Inventory control and global supply chain visibility
- Value-added services, including labeling, wrapping, reworking, picking/packing, sub-assembly, packaging, palletizing, physical inventory, repackaging, and kitting
- Leading provider of intermodal, full truckload (FTL), bulk liquid (ISO-tank) and container yard (CY) services
- Largest drayage provider east of the Rockies
- Fleet of 1,300+ trucks
- 8 container depots
World Shipping, Inc.
- Vessel operations, APIS/AMS/ACI/ENOA/D, grain forwarding and project logistics
- The largest and most experienced in the Great Lakes for vessel operations
- The maritime concierge and one-stop-shop for all Great Lakes Ports
- Serving shippers and receivers of international cargo since the inception of modern container shipping