With more than 200 laws in place for the United States alone, navigating customs can be a complex and confusing process. Not only are the laws and regulations regarding the import and export of goods constantly changing, but the intricacies and details need to be just right in order for businesses to be compliant.
Because of the complexities, many businesses turn to a customs brokerage company, or a customs house broker, to help them navigate the procedures.
- Customs house brokers are licensed and regulated by the U.S. Treasury Department and serve as a point of contact between your company and the U.S. Customs Service.
- These customs brokerage companies serve as an excellent resource and advisor for the technical elements of the importing and exporting operations.
- Often, these customs house brokers also help you with the preparing and filing processes for all your documents to ensure a smooth transition from one country to the next.
Since customs compliance can be essential to the success and efficiency of your business, it’s important to find a customs brokerage company that you can rely upon and trust. A company like UWL.
An Experienced, Licensed Customs House Brokerage Firm
Equipped with a National Customs House Brokerage License and a team of in-house customs compliance specialists, UWL is ready to help businesses navigate the challenging requirements of shipping regulations.
Our team of customs brokers will work with you to design effective compliance strategies which simplify the complex valuation process.
We have unique capabilities that allow for seamless integration with customs house brokerage on both sides of the border that will help streamline your overall supply chain.
Our Customs House Broker Services
At UWL, we offer a wide variety of customs brokerage services ranging from compliance assessment and consulting to freight and duty payment services.
From filing the proper paperwork to understanding the ever-changing compliance laws, our team of in-house customs brokers are here to help.
Our services and certifications include:
- Full service, licensed NVOCC
- Licensed and bonded, asset-based freight forwarder
- Compliance assessment and consulting
- Tariff classification services
- Single transactions and continuous bonds
- Importer self-assessment (ISA)
- IFS (10 + 2) consulting and filing service
- TSA certification and ACH
- Freight and duty payment services
- Global supply chain visibility
In addition to our variety of high-quality services, another benefit of choosing UWL is our team of licensed customs brokers and trusted advisors. All our customs brokerage services are backed by our outstanding customer services, which are rated Best-in-Class because of our dedication to providing our clients with tailored solutions, personalized assistance, and excellent support.
Learn More About Our Customs Brokerage Services
As your customs house broker, we will help you comply with existing government regulations and stay ahead of changing customs compliance laws.
If you would like to learn more about our customs brokerage company or any of the services we offer, contact us today!